- Open: 11/07/2019
- Close: 30/08/2019
We are currently recruiting for an Analytical Technician. Ideally you will be able to perform independently a wide range of duties associated with water treatment, focusing on lab scale experiments, the analyses of the samples generated during the experiments and the recording of the results.
- Safely carry out Lab scale experiments, take samples and analyse them, record and report results in a detailed and clear way.
- Analysis of samples include measurement of COD, TOC, pH and conductivity.
- Perform sample preparation such as SPE, liquid-liquid extraction, filtration, etc
- Help the analytical chemist with preparation of standard solutions for the calibration of the chromatography equipment.
- Monitor stock of consumables and start the re-ordering process.
- Work as part of a team to maintain the laboratory in a clean and tidy state.
- Assist the laboratory manager in the process of writing COSHH and risk assessments
- Work as part of a team to write new standard operating procedures when needed
Skills and experience:
- A degree in chemistry
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory
- Able to multi-task and manage own time
- Team player
- Ambition – To be the global leaders by shaping the future of tertiary water treatment in line with our customers’ unique needs.
- Respect – Each other, our stakeholders and the environment, whilst always being ourselves.
- Vision – We aim to ensure that water remains a safe and accessible resource now and for future generations.
- Innovation – Utilising our creativity and experience to provide adaptable, future proof solutions to protect our most valuable resource.
- Achievement – Proud to celebrate our Arvia family and everything we do to help our customers’ reach their goals.
If you feel that you have the relevant skills and experience and are interested in this exciting opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.